DURATION : 4 WEEKS
Includes lectures, hands-on exercises on models & patients for the various aspects of fixed orthodontic treatment which include bonding brackets, banding, wire ligation, welding, soldering, cephalometrics, fixed retainers and wiring exercises. Topics are on straight wire and latest techniques.
- Straight wire (MBT/Roth) technique
- Fixed orthodontic appliances
- Removable Appliances
- Diagnosis and treatment planning
- Preventive orthodontics, interceptive orthodontics, corrective orthodontics
- Orthopaedic appliances
- Mini screws and extra anchorage devices
- Recent advances in techniques and materials
- Placing separators and banding on models.
- Cephalometric tracing
- OPG reading.
- Identify instruments and materials.
- Bonding brackets & wiring on models.
- Wire sequences and changing exercises.
- Fabrication of TPA, Nance button, Twin block, Bite planes etc.